Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Boler Story

Once upon a time....
I guess the story starts here with the pictures I took before we started any work on this little fiberglass trailer. The shell was in excellent shape but the inside left a lot to be desired. The interior walls were covered in patches of red shag carpet. Maybe it was good for insulation but it was bad for decoration!

I suspect it was once used for someone who was into hunting and the old furnace inside probably kept them warm....but I am a summer camper so we took that right out. We tore out all the old carpet which was held in with different types of adhesive including liquid nail which was not the easiest guck to get off the walls and ceiling.

The job then required some grinding to remove the chunks of adhesive left behind. Masks we a necessity as the fiberglass dust filled the air and rolled out like steam from a hot shower. We were not going for a smooth texture just a more even surface. A bit of sanding was done before she was ready to be primed and painted.

We applied a coat of mistint that we purchsed at a discount price to use as primer. This covered the fiberglass very well then we applied the top coat. It's amazing how much a coat of paint can improve the appearance of the interior.


I am fortunate to be working on this project with a couple of experts - my Mom & Dad! My dad is the handyman who has taken on the challenge of building the closet and the counter. He also comes up with many great ideas to get the most room out of the 10 foot interior.


My Mom fortunately has excellent sewing skills that are sure needed for recovering new cushions for the bed and bench. I enjoyed picking out the theme and fabric for this job but couldn't do much without her.
So thanks Mom & Dad!!!

I have included pictures of the project this far and will continue to update as we progress.

Happy Camping!

Shy

No comments: